W-BACnet replaces the cabling with a reliable wireless mesh eliminating the time-consuming installation planning, cabling, daisy-chaining and troubleshooting. With W-BACnet, it is easy to retrofit connectivity to already installed devices, instantaneously converting individually siloed devices to a wireless network. The product enables flexibility, saving time and costs, including during installation and steady-state operation.
The W-BACnet acts as a proxy for the connected BACnet MSTP device, effectively extending the bus and creating the possibility to make legacy products wireless. A W-BACnet network consists of a single W-BACnet Gateway with up to 100 W-BACnet Nodes. Connect your BACnet MS/TP controller using RS485 to the W-BACnet Gateway, and then each of your BACnet MS/TP devices with RS485 to the W-BACnet nodes.
The W-BACnet product is built upon LumenRadio’s patented meshing technology MiraMesh - providing ultra-reliable device-to-device connectivity, easy installation, concurrent Bluetooth and extended indoor range. MiraMesh is used in a large number of different applications around the world for building automation, HVAC control, lighting control and industrial sensor networks.
BAUD RATE AGNOSTIC
- Instant commissioning – 3 simple steps, commission the W-BACnet network in minutes.
- Mesh network – cover an entire building, utilizing the mesh network as your infrastructure.
- Range – 500 meters (line-of-sight) per hop in the mesh network.
- Cognitive Coexistence – LumenRadio’s patented technology provides industrial-grade reliability and immunity to interference.
- Self-optimizing network – the mesh network will always find the best way to send messages through the network between devices.
- Modular configuration – no need for the same baud rate across all devices, W-BACnet supports individual settings.
- Power supply: 24 VAC ±15% 50-60 Hz, 24 VDC ±15%
- Max. power consumption: 2.5 W
- 24 V output max. power: 10 W
- Auto resettable fuse: Yes
- Cable rating, connector: solid / stranded, 0.14 – 0.5 mm2 / 0.2 – 0.5 mm2
- Conductor sizes (AWG) 24 – 20
- Frequency band: 2.45 GHz, ISM band (2400-2483 MHz)
- Baud rate: 9600, 19200, 38400, 76800 bps
- Stop bit: 1, 2
- Parity: none, even
- Number of nodes: 100 W-Bacnet Nodes to one W-BACnet Gateway
- Number of hops: 8 hops in the meshing network
- Range per hop: 500 m line of sight (approximately 50- 70 m indoors with walls)
- Output (ERP): Max 20 dBm
- IP class: 40
- Material: ABS UL94-V0
- Colour: White, RAL 9003
- Ambient temperature: Operating: -20 to +55°C
- Storage: -30 to +80°C
- RH: 10 – 95% non-condensing
- Weight: 95g
- Dimensions: W86.0 x H86.0 x D25.5 mm
A W-BACnet network consists of a single W-BACnet Gateway with up to 100 W-BACnet Nodes. Connect your BACnet MS/TP controller using RS485 to the W-BACnet Gateway, and then each of your BACnet MS/TP devices with RS485 to the W-BACnet nodes.
The W-BACnet network is built on LumenRadio’s MiraMesh, a self-forming and self-healing wireless mesh technology.
Is the communication in the network encrypted?
Yes, all communication in the W-Modbus Network is encrypted with AES128.
Can I connect several BACnet MSTP devices behind one W-BACnet unit?
The Gateway can be connected to an already existing RS485 bus, but each W-BACnet node can only be connected to one BACnet MSTP device.
Can multiple W-BACnet networks be installed in the same area?
Yes, as long as you commission one network at a time multiple networks can coexist next to each other.
How does W-BACnet work?
The W-BACnet devices acts as a proxy for each connected BACnet MSTP device, making it possible for all devices to be accessible over a wireless link.
Recent StoriesView More Stories