W-Modbus PRO module
LumenRadio's W-Modbus solution eliminates the need to run control cables for Modbus RTU installations significantly reducing time-consuming cable installations, installation planning, troubleshooting, and daisy-chaining.
Comes in two version;
The W-Modbus OEM Module, with the possibility to connect to one Modbus Server, or
The W-Modbus PRO OEM Module, with the possibility to connect to sixteen Modbus Servers.
W-Modbus utilises a wireless mesh network in order to transmit the Modbus frames to the right destination. One of the greatest benefits is that the standard of Modbus RTU is kept, meaning all Modbus RTU devices can be used with W-Modbus.
The W-Modbus OEM Module can be integrated directly into a Modbus device in order to make it wireless. Simply connect the UART interface of the W-Modbus OEM Module to your host CPU to communicate Modbus. The Module also carries a SPI Slave interface for configuration, putting your device in control so the Module can be adapted to your already existing user interface.
The W-Modbus PRO Module brings the same functionality but in a smaller form factor and can be integrated directly into a Modbus device. One big advantage is that the PRO Module can be connected with up to 16 (!) Modbus Servers. The W-Modbus PRO Module is designed to fit all the wireless needs of the market, and with this Module it has never been easier to make a product wireless.
A W-Modbus unit can be configured either as a Gateway that is connected to the Modbus Client (Modbus Master), or a Node that is connected to the Modbus Server (Modbus Slave). A W-Modbus network can consist of up to 100 Nodes.
The W-Modbus product is built upon LumenRadio’s MiraOS and MiraMesh, consisting of several patented features enabling extremely reliable radio communication, fast installation, and extended range. MiraOS is used in a vast number of installations around the world for building automation, HVAC control, lighting control and industrial sensor networks. W-Modbus utilises the international license free ISM band at 2.4GHz.
- Scalability – Connect up to 16 Modbus Clients to one W-Modbus PRO Module Small footprint at 18.5 mm x 33.5 mm – to fit inside all Modbus devices
- Mesh network – Cover an entire building, utilizing the mesh network as your infrastructure.
- Self-optimizing network – The mesh network will always find the best way to send messages through the network between devices
- Cognitive Coexistence – LumenRadio’s patented technology provides industrial grade reliability and immunity to interference
- Modular configuration – you no longer need to have the same baud rate in the whole network, supports individual settings for each device
- U.FL/IPEX external antenna connector – chose the antenna that suits your product the best
- Firmware upgradeable via BLE – to ensure all products can make use of the latest features
- Dimensions 18.5 mm x 33.5 mm
- Frequency band: 2.45 GHz, ISM band (2400-2483 MHz)
- Baud rate: 9600, 19200, 38400, 76800 bps
- Stop bit: 1, 2
- Parity: none, even
- Number of Servers: 100 Servers to one Client
- Number of hops: 8 hops in the meshing network
- Output (ERP): Max 20 dBm
- U.FL/IPEX external antenna connector
A W-Modbus network consists of a single W-Modbus Gateway connected to the Modbus Client using a Modbus RTU cable and up to 100 W-Modbus Nodes, each of them connected to Modbus Server(s). The W-Modbus network is built on LumenRadio’s MiraMesh, a self-forming and self-healing wireless mesh technology.
How many Modbus Clients can be connected to one W-Modbus PRO Module?
Up to 16 Modbus Clients (Slaves) can be connected.
Is the Modbus communcation via UART to the W-Modbus Module?
Yes, UART is used for all Modbus communication between the W-Modbus Module and the Modbus Client/Server. It is also support for using a RS485 driver.
How do I set serial settings for the W-Modbus Module?
The Module have a SPI Slave interface for configuration, please see the development documentation for further information.